(Scroll down for General Meeting information and links)
It’s Election Time!
We announced at our August World Café themed meeting that we have made some significant changes to the governance of our Board, including changing the fiscal year to match the calendar year. That means our new Board will take office in January, and the election process begins NOW!
I am honored to be part of this dynamic, smart, fun team. The energy and passion each person brings is inspiring to me, and I invite YOU to become part of it and bring YOUR energy and passion to help us build an organization that serves the needs of our amazing network of coaches and the communities we serve. Serving on the Board of a professional association is one of the best ways to expand your professional network while contributing your brilliance to the future of a profession for which you care deeply.
Call for Nominations
We are seeking nominations for the following positions:
* 2017 President Elect (to serve as President in 2018)
* Membership Director (responsible for recruitment, retention and meeting registration desk duties with support from committee members)
* Professional Development Director (monthly programs, leads committee)
* Treasurer (we have a bookkeeper now, so this role is a bit easier)
* Secretary (take, distribute, and maintain minutes, also responsible for official mailings)
* Special Events Director (newly created; will lead International Coaching Week, annual holiday party, and other special meetings outside of the monthly general meeting)
* Director at Large (this position provides support to the Board where needed; may also play a co-director role)
Qualifications of the Board of Directors
(for explanation of board duties please refer to Article V in the Bylaws link here.)
To serve on the board of directors an individual must meet the following criteria:
* An ICF-credentialed member or a member who commits to qualifying for an ICF credential.
* A member of ICF Sacramento and ICF Global in good standing.
* Able to attend a majority of Chapter meetings each term year
* Able to participate in a majority of Board meetings each term year.
* Be nominated for position by the nomination committee and approved by a majority vote of the board, and be voted into office by a simple majority vote of those that have membership privileges.
If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else to be considered for one of the Board positions listed above, or you are simply interested in more information, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your area of interest or questions by September 6, 2016. I can’t wait to see who is ready to step into their greatness!
ICF Sacramento Charter Chapter
General Meeting: Tuesday, October 11th at 6:30 pm – 8:15 pm
Dancing in the Moment:
Bringing Artistry to the Coaching Process
Debby Lott, MCC and Fredi Baker, MCC
Please join us for a lively, insightful, and informative evening with Debby Lott, MCC, and Fredi Baker, MCC as they explore the ICF Core Competency #4 – Coaching Presence. When we discover the joys of letting ourselves step into our creativity, intuition, and confidence, we tap into the creative energy of becoming a successful, powerful coach.
For more info click here.
UPCOMING MEETINGS AND EVENTS
On Novmeber 8th, the General Meeting will start at 11:30 a.m.,
Who are We? How Can We Help You?
ICF Sacramento, a charter chapter of the International Coach Federation, is a nonprofit professional organization of trained personal, business, corporate and specialized coaches from the greater Sacramento area, and surrounding counties (Placer, El Dorado, Shasta, Nevada, Yuba, Amador, Solano, Napa and Stanislaus Counties). In harmony with the purpose, mission, and integrity of the International Coach Federation. ICF Sacramento exists to Advance the Art, Science and Practice of Coaching. We do this through our Vision, Mission and Values.
To create a vibrant community of professional coaches that thrive.
To foster an environment that engages, supports and challenges coaches to embody the pinnacle of professional coaching.
We achieve our mission by:
- Maintaining the International Coaching Federation’s highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Educating the public about the benefits of coaching and working with ICF Credentialed Coaches
- Differentiating “ICF Credentialed Coaches” from other “coaches”
- Providing resources for ongoing education and development for our coaches
- Creating opportunities for the public to engage with professional ICF trained coaches
All ICF Sacramento Members are committed to abide by the Code of Ethics of the International Coach Federation, the leading global organization dedicated to advancing the coaching profession by setting high standards, providing independent certification, and building a worldwide network of credentialed coaches.
Considering Joining as New Member?
If you are a coach, a coach in training or a coach wanna be, we invite you to join our community of professionals. Educate yourself, form lasting relationships with other professional coaches and enjoy being a member of a charter chapter of the International Coach Federation.
Looking for a Professional Coach?
ICF Sacramento is the premier source for professional coaches in Sacramento, Placer, El Dorado, Shasta, Nevada, Yuba, Amador, Solano, Napa and Stanislaus Counties. Learn tips on how to hire a coach, how coaching might help you and choose from a list of professional coaches by specialty by clicking here.
Coaches and Other Professionals: Considering Membership?
Don’t miss another day. If you don’t find answers to your questions in our Members Benefits, feel free to email any of our Board or Committee Members on our Contact Page. Gain the professional credibility of affiliation with a chapter of the International Coach Federation and support from our network of committed professional coaches. You don’t have to be a coach to join. Chapter Affiliate is available for those who are interested in coaching, the field of coaching or work in complementary fields, such as human resources, training and development and consulting. We offer networking with like-minded professionals, opportunities to create strategic partnerships and exceptional programs to develop skills and learn cutting edge information.
Members: What’s New?
The International Coach Federation (ICF) is the leading global independent organization that certifies coaches. The ICF has more than 22,000 members in 117 countries (2014). The ICF does not offer coach training thereby offering an independent credential for coaches wishing to align themselves with an ethical independent organization that upholds high coaching ethics.
Click here for Guide to Credentialing for up-to-date information on how to become a MCC, PCC or ACC coach.